4.17.2013

Feb 25

Dearest Family and friends,
It sounds like things are busy at home. That's the way it should be.
Just some things to talk about this week.
1. Congrats to Jason and Jeni! Happy Wedding week. I still haven't received the announcement yet so hopefully they forward it on:) I'm so pumped for you. About 21% of me wishes I was there, but the other 79% is super grateful I'm here in the Ohio. SOOOO Exciting!
2. WHAT!?! 58 new missions announced. That is madness. I am so pumped. The Lord is truly hastening his work. 2 in Idaho. That blows my mind...I never would have guess Nampa and Twin! I'm super pumped about Cincinnati opening. It won't affect us at all. But that means more work can go on in this great state. We get 29 new missionaries this transfer. Things are getting crazy at sites/through out the mission. Areas are opening like crazy, Sister Larson got called to shot gun train full proselyting, so I'll be gettting a new comp. I'm stocked for her. Full Pros is the best, but I'm super bummed she's leaving me. I'm pretty sure I'll b e companions with Sister Stoddard again. My MTC companion. But we find out on Thursday.
3. The gospel is true. We have seen many miracles this week. We found a family. Found someone who was looking for a church with a prophet. (Hey we have one of those). We are super stoked about her. We went on exchanges with the Painesville sisters so I got to check that out. Every other house is spanish speaking, the only thing I know how to say is that The Book of Mormon is true and that I would like 2 chicken tacos. It was crazy. I need to freshen up on that language.
4. I am so lucky to serve in this wonderful place. Everyday, I walk where a prophet lived. I get to live where the restoration of the greatest message took place.
5. I experienced the power of the Atonement ten-fold this week. It's real. It works. As a commitment I would like all of you to read "Mountains to Climb" By Elder Eyring from Conference April 2012. Then watch the Mormon Messages that goes along with it on www.mormonchannel.org . This is what is so great about our message. He is the "balm of gilead" I see it working everyday with our investigators. Through the Atonement Sandy was able to overcome alcohol. Through the Atonement Kenya is able to have peace in her home, and love her family more fully. Through the Atonement I can overcome my weaknesses and become the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to be. Through the Atonement I get to live with my favorite people even after this life is over. I love this work.
6. I love you all. Sorry this letter is short and doesn't have much info, except my thoughts. We have a lot to do today. We have a mission wide deep cleaning day. So I'm going to go prep for that! I can't wait to hear about the wedding!
Pray always.
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment