4.17.2013

March 18

Dearest Family and Friends,

Ohio doesn't seem to be able to make a decision on whether or not it wants to warm up. Last Sunday it was sunny and 65, this week it was back to the sleeping bag coats. Life is so good. We had a meeting everyday this week which was a little overwhelming, we got a lot of new information thrown at us. But it was good. I feel spiritually enlightened.

Sandy is doing well. She finally got over her nasty cold and was able to come to church yesterday. Kenia is doing awesome we committed them to baptism on April 13. We are doing a 40 day fast in our ward and we have a couple of baptisms planned to celebrate the end of the fast which is on April 11. So cool to see how the ward is coming together to help the Lord build up his kingdom. After our adventure with Kenia and Jordan last week in church we prayed really hard that he would be calm. Heavenly Father answered that prayer and went even further. He slept through the whole meeting yesterday. Woooohooo. In gospel principles the elders taught about tithing (donation of 1/10 of your increase to the Lord) and Kenia said that she wanted to pay hers. WHAT!?! That's one of the hardest commandments to get people to live. I love her. She is what we call a prepared soul. She told the other sisters that we were an answer to a prayer. The Lord works amazing wonders when you are involved in his work. So cool.

The Visitors' Center is starting to pick up. We have a lot of people coming because of spring break, then it will calm down for a while and then the madness starts. I love summer here and I can't wait until I can take you all on tour of this wonderful place. We went down to the John Johnson Farm for training meeting on Friday. It was lovely. We decided that our theme for this transfer at the VC should be stand in Holy Places. Doctrine and Covenants 101:22,64. It's been really good. We get to visit the four places that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared. I love my mission.

I'm doing great. Everyday I feel more exhausted but it's the best feeling in the world. Sister Mahrt and I are doing a lot of finding, and our area is doing very well. We love it. The Lord is keeping us busy. The new missionaries are young, but they are great. Sometimes you can tell they are younger but for the most part they are super solid and hard working. I think it's a shock to actually talk to people sometimes for them. It's cool to see how much they grow.

Mom. Cute elders who are 3 years younger than me. Not so tempting. Member missionary work is the best way to do missionary work. It sounds like you are all keeping busy. Tell grandma and grandpa they have to take care of themselves. I need them when I get home. I love you all and I think of you all daily. I hope all is well!

Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment