4.29.2013

April 29, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends,

A week goes by really fast. We saw a lot of miracles so that was lovely. We have kept fairly busy. I'm still just trying to figure out why I am in Massillon. Sister O'Driscoll has only been out one transfer, so I'm training her. No sister has ever gone out full-proselyting twice so there has to be a reason right? It's been kind of a struggle living with another set of sisters, and sharing the ward. Especially when you are trying to lose yourself in the work. I would say that there was a minor digression in my love for the work this week. I seemed to be a little less focused than normal. I just need to get over this feeling and remember it's not about me. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE it here, and I'm not thinking of home, but Satan works in many ways to tear us down. Thank goodness for that enabling power of the Atonement. It's been a blessing out here. 

Sorry this is going to be short. We've been working hard and are starting to get to know the ward and area a little better. That makes it a little less overwhelming to open a new area. Sometimes I just expect Heavenly Father to give us people to teach, everyone should want to hear this message right? Ha. Just kidding. It takes work, and a lot of prayer. It's pretty easy to find people. It's just a matter of helping them to progress to the waters of baptism. We are teaching the Padilla family. They are from Cuba and speak very little English. Woe is me. Our teaching involves a lot of hand motions to help them understand what we are saying. We will say something, and it is a completely blank stare. Dang language barrier. They do speak a little so we just have to piece together what they are saying. It's a challenge. Maybe I was suppose to come and learn Spanish in Massillon? Sometimes I pretend I know Spanish and will randomly throw out a Spanish gospel term, and then continue in English. "El Libro de Mormon, es Verdad." :) It makes missionary work exciting. They feel the gospel changing them and Leticia (the mom) loves the Book of Mormon. They have a baptismal date of June 1! So pumped.

Love,

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment