4.17.2013

April 1

Dear Family and friends,
It's Spring. The weather is looking up. It all started as we prayed with all of our hearts that we wouldn't have to tour the Morley Farm in pouring rain, or in a snow storm and it has been beautiful ever since. I love the sunshine. The leaves are starting to come out, and the birds are chirping, and the best part is Conference is this weekend!!!! So pumped. We have been talking and inviting like crazy, people are listening too :) We saw a lot of miracles this week! I love my companions. Oh my. Best week of my mission. It's been a work party all week. We have been going on exchanges like crazy just so we can fit all of the sisters in this transfer cycle. So we are never together, but when we are it's the best thing ever. I have never laughed so hard. We found three new investigators on Saturday. MIRACLE!!! We only tracted for about 15 minutes before we found them. Antoinette, Carissa, and Duane. Turns out they want to align themselves with a religion with high morals, and so we said "Hey we have those!" and they let us right into their home! Kenia and Ernest are still good for their baptismal date for April 13. We had a monster weekly planning session this week so that we could make sure that they are prepared for the date. We still have a lot to teach them. We are teaching Kenny, the 10 year old, the first 3 lessons tonight in the form of a treasure hunt. We'll see how this goes. Information overload. Sandy showed up at church dressed in a nice bright purple leather suit, she always keeps it classy. Love her. She decided she wanted to stay for gospel doctrine instead of coming to gospel principles with us on Sunday. We even taught the lesson. We used the 12 eggs of easter that you sent me last year. It went well. Pretty much we just laugh all the time. Our district thinks we are crazy because we have so many inside jokes that get us laughing really hard. Love it! Also we had President Interviews this week, and I actually made it through without crying...woot Gold star for me!
It sounds like you had a fun Easter! Ours went really well. We started out with a Sunrise Service in the Kirtland Temple. It was put on by the Community of Christ, and then we went to our meetings. Then after church we had to work at sites, not many people came in so we put on a Egg hunt for the sisters and hid all of the eggs out in the sawmill and ashery. Our site director thinks we are crazy. But that's fine. He just makes fun of us all the time, and asks for new assistants! Rude. He loves us, and wouldn't know what to do without us! Things are starting to pick up at the VC, it's spring break and so we have had quite a few tours. It's been really nice. Sometimes it feels like summer again. It gets crazy here. I wish I could sum up my week for you we had a lot of funny stories, but it would take me at least 3 hours to write it all out. I had to make bullet points in my journal just to fit it all in, and I still missed some.
This week I was really able to see the hand of the Lord. We had so many miracles of being in the right place to find those that are being prepared to receive this gospel. When we are about our Father's business, he blesses us to do His work. It's been really cool to reflect on our Savior this week, don't think I'm a bad missionary I do this a lot, but especially this week as we think about his sacrifice for us and how it wasn't only for our sins that he died, but that we could live again. The atonement is amazing, he knows what it's like to be sick, or to be hurt, and he's felt what it's like to repent. I've been reading Atonement talks this week. None were with him, has to be one of my favorites. I don't comprehend it but I feel it's power working daily.
Well I love you all!
I hope you have all had a wonderful Easter weekend!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment