4.17.2013

April 15

Dearest Family and Friends,
How are you all doing? Life in the Ohio is crazy madness, all the time and it's 100% fun. Things have started to heat up. After two weeks of rain we have 70 degree weather and blue skies. Not to rub it in for those of you who have snow!
We are getting a lot of tours, some from Idaho and it's been really fun to talk to them. I hope you are all doing great, and that you are keeping busy. We should figure out how to make more time in the day. I can't believe a new semester is starting at school. Ugh I don't even want to think about going back to school. I think I may just travel the world. Just kidding, I love learning, and studying the gospel has given me a thirst to study as much as I can, both spiritual and secular, but still the thought of going back to school is a little daunting. They should have missionary college. Tell me all about the stories from home!

As for the Northern part of Ohio. First Kenia and Ernest are baptized and confirmed. Kenia kept kicking as they were baptizing her so she was washed really clean by the fourth round. Ernest was baptized by one of the youth in the ward, Kody, he was nervous, but his went flawlessly. The baptism flowed really well. Huge blessing, we didn't have a lot of time to plan it this week. Thank goodness for tender mercies. On Saturday after they were confirmed Ernest sat down and said" That felt good." Yes it does my friend, yes it does! It is the coolest thing to see someone make the progress to baptism. I love it. I love missions. Miracles are the norm out here. There was a lot of support from the ward, and the Young men, love having a 3rd priest! Also Sandy committed to baptism for the 31st of May. Woot.

We got transfer info this week, as tomorrow are transfers. They have been really messed up for the last few transfers. I know isn't it weird that I am getting released on a Saturday, they have had to change it a couple of times! But I was released as a training sister, broke my heart. I love the sisters, and I am being sent back to full-proselyting in Masillon, OH. It is down near Akron. I will only be there one transfer, but I was called to train one of the Full Proselyting sisters. I can't believe it. No Kirtland sister has ever been called full-pros twice, Salt Lake has given P. Vellinga directions about site sisters going full pros. I will still spend my last transfer at the VC. I am sooo pumped. But it's going to make the time go by even faster! Mother's day is coming up. We will want to start planning our skype session! Weird! They are splitting zones this transfer and they are also getting Sister Training Leaders, the new leadership position from SLC to accommodate the amount of sisters in the field. This is essentially what we were doing as training sisters, but now there is 6 of us instead of just two of us, so the work load goes down. WOOT! So many wonderful things are happening in missionary work and most of it is a little chaotic, but we are still surviving. Sister Crabtree leaves tomorrow. So sad. i love her. But we have made a lot of plans post mission. Good thing we are all from Idaho or Utah.

Well I have to run. We don't get a pday today because we are covering for the all of the sisters at sites today, and there are a lot of tours! I love you all. I hope you are doing well!

Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment