2.03.2013

December 3

Dearest Family and Friends,
Happy December everyone. You would never know it is december the way the weather is acting here in the Ohio. It was 67 degrees on Saturday. We did yard work for a member in short sleeves and I was walking aroung last night without a coat it has been SOOOOO nice here. It makes sharing the gospel much more fun.
Zone/Mission Conference was amazing. I could feel the spirit of Kirtland growing stronger and stronger as I got closer. I really miss it there. We spent the first 2 hours in the Temple and talked about the Reason for the Season and having faith in Christ with confidences in the promises that he gives to us, with faith that there are people in our area to teach. There were 3 zones there and so I was able to see some of my favorite sisters. I miss them. At the end of the temple portion we broke off in zones and sat up in the choir boxes and had the opportunity to bear our testimony of Jesus Christ. It was amazing. Then we had a meeting at the Stake center and then headed over to the Historic Sites and were able to walk through the nativity scenes. So beautiful. Oh my. What a wonderful opportunity I have to share the message of the Birth of our Savior. We should come back at Christmas time too! No I didn't meet the Peterson's they went to a different session of the Conference on Monday. We rode over with a Senior couple. Elder and Sister Howell.
The Christmas devotional was amazing. A chance to hear from a living prophet of God. We are truly blessed with the knowledge we have. We didn't have any investigators come but we were able to go to the ward dinner regardless, mmm it was good they made mac and cheese in the crockpot...Mormons are super classy! I love it.
This week was a good one. It went by way too fast. I can't believe it is already Monday. Crazy how fast time flies. We just got word that in January we will have 30 missionaries 22 of them will be the younger ones. They are replacing 3 missionaries that are leaving. They are opening a lot of new areas. So exciting. The Roberts ward sure is having a lot of missionaries go out. That's good. I can't believe some of them are old enough to go though and Elijah is home? Crazy. Brenan does come home soon! Weird. Is Alli still waiting for him?
Life is good and the gospel is still true. I don't know if I will be transferred or not. My guess is yes, and that's probably just because I want to go back to Kirtland, but he doesn't tell us until two days before so we'll have to work something out with Christmas the day before. Good thing it's on a Tuesday this year!
Anyway. I love you. I have to run. Talk to you soon.
Mom for the packages they just put them outside our door at the apartment complex. They do have a box but they don't use it, so it's sketchy. But I did get the package :)
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment