2.03.2013

December 31

Dearest Family and Friends,
 
Can you believe it the last day of 2012? Holy smokes where did the time go. What a great year it has been. The best part is we all made it past the end of the world. The Lord has truly blessed us this year, and I know that 2013 is going to be the best year yet. Heck yes I have set some resolutions, they are the not so original goals that every other missionary has. Become a disciple of Christ, finish the standard works, preach His gospel....ETC! Missions really are the best. I have loved being able to serve out here especially around the holidays. It's a great way to spend Christmas, testifying of His love for us and His life. We had a great Christmas, the talent show was hilarious. Sister Larson and I emceed the whole thing. We are a funny pair, if I do say so myself. We had a lot of fun, with a lot of food. Then on Wednesday a huge storm hit and we were confined to our apartments. Oh those are probably the worst days of missionary work. We went a little crazy. We did get a lot of the things we need to do planned though. We have found the key to missionary work is giving out free hot chocolate. The other day it was frigid outside so we had the bright idea to go and pass out hot chocolate and mormon.org cards by a bus station. It was pretty successful. We talked to a lot of people and got some return appointments. It was so fun. We have pictures to show for it. We are definitely doing a lot of finding. We are definitely keeping busy.
The nativities are over so that is really sad. Sites is about to get a whole lot slower. I tried to get some of the nativities of camera but it's just not the same as seeing them in person. We will be doing a lot of training on referral cards and how to make phone calls productive and purpose driven. WE are about to hit our slow season. But it's good. I like being back at the VC but I miss the elders that I served with.
Oh no that stinks that Britt's kids are sick/ her household. Hopefully everyone gets feeling a little better. It's a rough season for that kind of stuff.
Well hmmm. I don't feel like there is too much to share I think I got it all out on Christmas. It was lovely to talk to you. Sorry Matt, I guess you'll just have to wait for Mother's day or July. So now you know I really am alive and well and loving every second of my mission. Thanks for all you do!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment