2.03.2013

January 14, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends,
Spring has hit North East Ohio, and I love it! Last week we were covered in a couple feet of snow and this weekend we had blue skies, 60 degrees and green grass! It has felt like April all weekend! So lovely! It is turning cold again, but we enjoyed it while it lasted.
So life continues to go on at home, that's good to hear. Grandma is a trooper it seems. Do they have to operate on the other one as well or just this one. I can imagine knee surgery would be really annoying, you need those for everything! Jenny Good luck at school. Math is easy, everything can be done on a calculator anyway. No big deal. You will do great! It's getting down to crunch time. The baby the wedding. They are all going to come really fast. And then all too soon it will be July. How did your talk go Mom? What did you end up talking on? I can't believe that Caden is leaving on Wednesday so crazy. They cut the time at the MTC by 1/3 for all missionaries. We found out a couple of weeks ago that our compliment of missionaries will go up by 60, and will continue to grow from there. We get our first group of younger missionaries on Jan 30. I can't believe transfers is only 2 weeks away. Where does time go?
Last week was an interesting week. I'm so grateful for planners that keep my schedule for me. That way I don't have to worry about where I need to be and when. There was a lot going on. It started out like any other week. We had sites on Tuesday and Wednesday, we planned training meeting and finished preparing for the fireside. Training meeting went great. We made a movie of what NOT to do for a daily planning session, and it is hilarious. Then we talked about the importance of setting goals. I hope the sisters learned something. The fireside is on the 20th, it's going to be a big one. It's the Edman's departure talk so there will be a lot of people there.
 
Then on Thursday we had President's interviews. Oh gosh, I wonder if he thinks I'm even competent as a missionary. I love our mission president. He has a definite goofy side. So it's safe to say that it was an interesting interview. I don't know why but he always ends up making me cry. Lame. Even if nothings wrong he can ask me a question about the spirit or Christ and I get all emotional. Such a girl! Then Friday through Sunday just cruised by. We were all invited to watch he CES fireside with President Uchtdorf. It was sooo good. He is inspired. We had an investigator at church yesterday. Her name is Sandy Stevens. She wants to be baptized but says she hasn't felt that convincing power yet. Even though we know she has, I guess we just need to help her understand how the spirit work. We did a lot of finding. Not a lot of success.
To answer your questions. They change directors every 2 years. I got here at the Edman's year mark. It is going to be so sad to see them go. The Sorenson's seem nice though. As far as people who I have taught that were baptized. The Marx are doing great. Excited as ever to go to the temple! They are the cutest. Their address by the way is 3419 Maryland Ave apt 105 B, Woodmere, OH 44124. It's fun being back in the same ward. John Dahlen. He is awesome and rock solid. He moved out of our ward and into the AP's/ Presidents ward. So he will be taken care of. He was always out teaching with the Elders, still learning everyday! Moses went back to Africa to stay :( so sad and Margaret Douglas wasn't in our area, we passed her off to some other missionaries, which reminds me that I need to follow up with them. I learned yesterday that one of the Part member families we were working with in the Mayfield ward are getting baptized on the 9th. There is a lot of potential in the Ohio! Kirtland has to be built up again and we can see that prophecy being fulfilled everyday.
I only need two boxes of contacts. As you mentioned I only have 6 months left, AHHHHHH! So I only need one pair per month! Thanks for getting those for me! If it's easier I still have the prescription of what I wear so I can take that to an eye doctor and get some, if needed.
You are all in my prayers. I hope all goes well this week, especially with the new baby! I love you! The gospel is true!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment