11.28.2012

November 26, 2012

Family!!
 
What a wonderful time of year that we are experiencing there is so much to be grateful for. Seriously. And the list just gets bigger and bigger. I love it, everyday I am more grateful that I get another day to go out and share the wonderful message about Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, and how the atonement of Jesus Christ can heal all things because we have a loving Heavenly Father who has prepared a way for us to return to live with Him. We had a truly amazing week last week. It was slow as far as the work goes. and we didn't teach much, but I had a whole new wave of appreciation for this knowledge that I have. I have been reading in 3 Nephi 11-25 (best chapters in the whole Book of Mormon) and it just has helped me realize how much the Lord truly does love us. I especially love in chapter 17 where it talks about the people crying because they didn't want the Savior to leave. I can understand why. This is why it is so important to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost, people he will never leave us! I just want to tell everyone that they can find so much happiness in the gospel!
Anyway. But yes I think I am about 15 pounds heavier. whoops I may have gone back for seconds...twice. But whatever, thanksgiving was delicious. It truly wasn't so terrible being away from home. What a wonderful reason to be away huh!
 
Okay so about George. We met George tracting. We do a lot of that in these parts. But anyway we knocked on his door and he answered. They have the nativity scenes up at Kirtland and we have been focusing on that as our contacting. So we did our little spiel and he took the card and said that he was sorry he would love to talk but couldn't stand for too long. Interesting. So we asked him about it. Apparently he was out walking his dog one day and he was attacked by a coyote, it attacked his dog to and trying to get the coyote off it turned on him and pretty much took a nice big chunk out of his calf, it's all infected. This thing looked NASTY! hence he was going to have to have it amputated. He continued to tell us about his life. He is a marine corps, and loved the military. After he got back, his wife left him and then more recently his son stole everything out of his house. Including his car. Poor guy. We talked to him about the atonement of Jesus Christ and talked about faith. He sat there with a big grin on his face and just said there was no coincidence that we were standing on his doorstep. Oh, the Lord is preparing many people to receive His word. He is back in the hospital now and we are waiting until he gets out but we have talked to him on the phone. He keeps us updated about his leg.
I get to go back to Kland tomorrow for mission conference....WOOOT! I am so excited. It's been 9 weeks since I have seen other sisters! It will be a nice change. Elders are great and all but they sometimes don't play nice with sisters. They play a little rough sometimes and Sister Feldt isn't a real sports fan and the only way I can play is if she plays so it's kind of hard.
I'm so pumped for the devotional. I have a feeling that this month is going to go by very quickly. As will these next 8 months.
 
Love,
Sister Hillman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment