11.09.2012

November 6

Hello Family,
 
The good news is that we all survived the first time in history hurricane off the coast of Lake Erie. It has been a crazy, crazy week. I can't even imagine what the east coast looks like. They are in our prayers as well. We were stuck in our apartment for a couple of days. I thought I was going to die, there was nothing to do. So we shredded a lot of papers, old records. But then we finished that so we made phone calls but no one had power so no one was answering, so we updated the area book. We were out the door so fast when President Vellinga gave us the okay to go to our dinner appointment on Tuesday. I pretty sure there was running involved. We got a call from our mission president Tuesday morning asking if we were close to the Amherst elders. We weren't so he asked us to call a member to go check on them. Apparently no one could get a hold of them. My heart dropped, you could definitely hear the worry in his voice. We called Bro. Brown and he went to check on them.They were fine their phone had just died and they didn't have power to charge it so...whoops. President wasn't happy with them. But we were just glad they were safe:) So the clean up begins. We have been doing a lot of service these last couple of days. We raked an elderly couples yard the other day, they are catholic, but they were so grateful, it was the cutest. It is getting cold here. They are predicating a harsh winter in Northern Ohio this winter, something about lake effect and wooly bears (Sp?) blah blah...I did get my coat it will work fabulous. I got it at zone conference yesterday and the elders all had a good laugh when I put it on. It's big, long, and really warm so it will work! Thanks again. I owe you.
Oh my I can't believe it is time for transfers again. There will be no change and I will be in Lorain for yet another transfer. We were talking about Kirtland at zone conference yesterday and the nativity scenes and my heart longed to be there. But I guess there is something that I have to learn out here first. I just have to trust in the Lord, and Heavenly Father's plan.
I hope you will get feeling better soon. It is definitely that season. You are all in my prayers. Yes I have gotten a flu shot. Our mission strongly encouraged it. I'll try and find you the receipt so you can flex it. You will be in my prayers this week as will the rest of the family. How are grandpa and grandma doing? Still holding on.
Are you all excited for the election. Crazy that after today it will all be over. We are soooo excited for it. I am sooo tired of politics. I just want to teach the gospel. We are not having much success here but there is definitely work to be done. We just need to get the ward on our side. There are a lot of Christmas things coming up though so hopefully there will be some success there.
No real crazy fun plans for pday. We are going to the church to play volleyball and 4 square. Some of the Elders are getting transferred so that is sad. They really do become like your little brothers. Slightly immature but we still love them.
Whelp family. I hope all is well, please get feeling better. I love you all!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment