10.30.2012

October 29

Hi Family,
 
There is a storm brewing in the Ohio and the weather man says it will hit us hard but not near as bad as the east coast so keep them in your prayers. Lake Erie is crazy beautiful in this storm we are going up to take a picture today so I'll get that sent ASAP. Don't worry they are keeping us safe, and making sure we are prepared for whatever hits. Ewwwww you had snow? bleh, we don't have that yet but it's only a matter of time. Looks like you sent me the coat in just the right time. I still haven't gotten it, it is still at the mission office. I'll get it on Thursday when we go to our meeting. It's been a crazy adventure here the last week or so. We went tracting on Friday for about 4 hours and were completely drenched, I wish I would have gotten a picture. It looked like we went swimming in the lake fully clothed :) That was probably the most fun tracting experience ever. I had fun even though we were freezing and no one was talking to us! Oh the life of missionaries. We have been doing a lot of comparing the storm to the gospel. We must be prepared. We can't stop it but we can prepare. That's the gist of it. Apply it how you will. We would rather hear about the storm than the election. Holy smokes. There is one thing that matters in the world and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything else is dumb!

It's okay mom I'm fine, tears are just side effects of missions. Missions are just emotional roller coasters , and this transfer has just been kind of a struggle for me. I do miss my VC sisters but I'll see them really soon and there is something here that the Lord needs me to learn. And like I said before I just cry a lot more than I used to. I'm not sure the elders know what to do about me crying all the time...just kidding they have only seen me cry once. But they are being super patient with me, and helping me become the missionary the Lord needs me to be. I never thought younger boys could be so wise. Transfers is next week. Holy smokes. WHAT!?!?

Happy B-day Grandpa! Oh I love them so much. In my district there is a senior couple. Elder and Sister Howell. I have adopted them as my grandparents so it's all good for now. You tell them to hold on until I get home though okay.

Happy Halloween. We are not allowed to go out trick-or-treating. or proselyting. We have a meeting that night and then we will be doing weekly planning. Happy are we. We are stuck in our apartments both tonight and tomorrow because of the storm. Hopefully we will at least be out sometime tomorrow. It's boring when all you do is make phone calls and organize dead pool (former investigators). We live the LIFE!!!!

Home sounds as busy as ever. Woah I can't believe it is almost the end of the year. That went fast. Any big plans for Christmas. Skyping again? I vote yes! I don't know where I will be but most everyone has a computer so it should work out. I can't think of anything I need, pictures of the kiddos. For Christmas I wouldn't mind some homemade bread or goodies. I'm good on the black skirt. I could use another dressy jacket but not necessary unless you find it really cheap. Could you maybe wrap up my blue polk-a-dot skirt and send it to me? That can be one of my gifts, it's free and I'll like it :)

That is interesting about dad and His Jewish client. Dad needs to tell him about a book of scripture that talks about a Jewish Family, and their dealings with Heavenly Father. The Book of Mormon was written for them as well!

Life is good in the Ohio. We found a legit less active family, that is part member. We are hoping to work with them. The dad is the member and the wife is an absolute doll. Joseph the dad is long time in active and was a little surprise when we showed up on the door step and said hello We've been looking for you! Not in a creepy way though!

Keep those that are getting hit with the storm in your prayers. I love you. I hope all is well!

Love,
Sister Hillman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment