10.16.2012

October 15

Hello Dearest Family,
First off. Mom send my coat to the mission office. We are not home often enough to get UPS packages at our apartment. They will see that I get it if you send it to the office :) Thanks for getting that for me. It's going to be a nice thing to have here in a couple of weeks. It is starting to get CHILLY!!!!!!
Second. It sounds like you had a really fun stay in St. George there is a lot to do there, sounds like everyone had fun. Oh my I can't believe Gracie is talking that much. Oh I miss the kiddos so much. They are all going to be so grown up when I get home. It's interesting to watch the babies here grow up too. I bet the Magleby's are a tired bunch. They have been doing a lot of traveling these last few weeks!
It sounds like you are getting pretty busy. I expect these next few months will start to speed up as the holidays always do. Mom, how do I make time slow down? I am officially half way through and it makes me sick. And time is just speeding up. There is so much work that needs to be done. I am excited to see what the lord can make of me in these next few months. What are your plans for Christmas? Are you staying at home. We will be able to skype again, so just make sure you are in an area that you have access to a computer. If not a phone call will work too
I'm glad you had a great week. Ours was interesting. We tracted for 14 hours this week...holy cow. All of our appointments fell through, it was crazy. Satan is definitely working hard against us in this area. We found one new person to teach this week. Her name is Ernestein Williams but she goes by Pee Wee. She is amazing! Thursday night we went and helped at the relief society gathering, they had a class on extreme couponing, it was crazy. A lot of stuff she got for free. It is very time consuming though. Anyway. The reason they invited us was because there were some non-members there. Talk about a golden family. We were talking the the girl Amanda, she is 22. She was explaining that her family was looking for a church. They were methodist and moved here about 4 years ago, since then they hadn't found a church that they felt comfortable in. We jumped on that, and quickly moved into teaching mode. We invited them to church and they said they would try to make it. We got their address and phone number. We have high hopes for this family. There are 3 children still at home. A mother and father, plus older ones who have children of their own.
Something that I learned this week. God does love us and is very aware of us. We went tracting ALL DAY on Friday, with no success. I think we talked to like 5 people, all of whom were not interested! but on our way home from dinner, we got a call from our District Leader saying he had a referral for us. We were like saweet! She seems awesome too. So the Lord blesses those that serve him.
Ha. So funny story. We were out tracting the other day, we had like 5 minutes before dinner. We saw this older couple outside and asked if we could share a message with them. They asked what church we were from and the lady (Doris) got all excited and said "You're Mormons!!!" the next thing I know she gives us a big hug and is telling us how much she loves mormons. I can assure you this never happens. We kept talking and then all of the sudden she turns to Sister Feldt and plants a big kiss on her cheek and then does the same thing to me...whoa that definitely has never happened. It was funny. Sister Feldt didn't know what to do so we just kind of laughed it off. She loves mormons. We are taking her a Book of Mormon next week :) I love this place. It's soooo awesome:)
So Sis. Feldt has been out 6 months, and as for the driver it is always the senior companion, so I get to drive again! I am getting really comfortable with driving in big cities that's for sure! We normally do pday with the elders. we are cleaning our apartment today though so it's more work than play. Yes we go to the library to email :)
Thanks for everything. I hope you are all seeing the love that God has for each of you in your daily lives. If not take a step backwards, breath a little bit, slow down and open your eyes! It's there. The gospel is still true:)
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment