10.10.2012

September 25


Dearest Family,
It sounds like life back home is super exciting and busy. Life gets that way :) Life is good. I can't believe Christmas is already in the air. Weird. It needs to stay away as long as possible.
 
What a week! It started out same as normal, but then it got crazy busy. So pioneer school is where we go and volunteer at Lake county historical society, we teach school children how they made candles on the frontier in the 1800's. They have a fun little program and they do other fun things but the Sisters are over candles. We get to dress up and everything. We had that on Wednesday and then had to go and finish our shift at the VC. Thursday we had Mission Conference, which was one of the most amazing experiences ever. It was Elder Perkins of the Seventy (an office that was established in Kirtland) that came to speak with us, we heard from president Vellinga as well. I wish you all could have been there, I learned so much about becoming a Preach My Gospel Missionary. At lunch he came and sat at our table and he told us all about the things that went in to calling missionaries to their missions. He also had some good stories about the 12 and the first presidency, no big deal, he just gets to see them every other day. I just can't believe how lucky we are to be able to listen to a prophet of God, and sit and listen to General Authorities. So amazing. After that we went back to our area, taught John and Joan Shuster, and then headed to Kirtland to a stake dinner held at the Kiwanis club. It was a thank you for helping out with Strawberry days! Friday was the big day. We went over to a LA's house to visit her and talked to her about the love that god has for her. It turns out a lot of people don't believe that He loves them. But I KNOW He does. Then we headed over to the Church to clean and prep the church. JOHN IS BAPTIZED!!!!!!! It was us that planned it with the help of the WML, and everything wrong that could have gone wrong, did. It was so sad, Satan really didn't want this baptism to happen, but lo and behold it did. It was so amazing, there is something so amazing about seeing someone change and be baptized, it is the greatest. John smacked his head on the tile going down, that was tragic, whoops. Bro. Jensen baptized him. Don't worry I have pictures of all these people. But he was too happy to care. Saturday we officially moved out of our apartment. So our lease is up so they moved us to a house near the VC, it is such a nice house, it's nice and cozy :) But the Zone Leaders along with the office staff came and helped us move our things out, and then all of our furniture is going to the Kent sisters. Then we went to the VC and finished our shift. Sunday was invite a friend to church day and John's confirmation day, he was so excited for the Holy Ghost, so we prepped for that and then had a linger longer. Then we went over to Pres. Stacey's house and had a transition lesson, we handed our recent converts over to the ward to teach. Monday was sites and now it's Pday again! Woo, sorry I just like vomited all of that info on you, but that was my week! Good news though....Moses is back from Africa!
It has turned fall here in the ohio, the leaves are starting to change and it is going to be a beautiful fall. The weather is perfect, we are all wearing cardigans and scarves and boots, and its just the perfect crispness that reminds me of harvest, and football games :) Amy you are in for a treat! Hopefully it stays this way.
So I am officially leaving Mayfield, not only that but I am being out zoned, I am leaving Kirtland. When my district leader told me I was shocked, and just started to cry. I love Mayfield, I know that the Lord needs me elsewhere but still it makes me so sad to leave. The Marx are taking it pretty hard but they will be fine. I'll be fine, change is just rough sometimes. I am so scared of not being in Kirtland, there is a couple of areas I can go, a couple of them are still VC sisters, just not as often, and then some are full prose. It's crazy. Transfers are tomorrow so I'll find out where I am going at 11:30 tomorrow.
Sorry we have to run. I hope all is well! I love you all so much! I think of you often and you are always in my prayers.
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment