7.29.2012

July 24

Hello,
Happy Pioneer day! Well I am still alive, fortunately I didn't melt in this delicious heat and humidity, I'm just sweaty 24/7. Does life ever seem to slow down. It seems like you all are keeping yourselves busy, it's the best way to be! 

Life is good! I think it is so funny when people on tour take pictures of us and then ask us if they can send them home to you. So good! I'm glad you enjoy them. I am sorry you got to see what I look like when it is hot and humid and my hair is frizzy, it is soooo not attractive! I had to buy a new straightener so hopefully it keeps my hair calm. That was a fun tour, I really enjoyed both of them! 

Sister Nelson is very easy to train, she loves to work and so it's been nice not having to drag her everywhere. She is adjusting but the first few weeks are a little overwhelming but in a few weeks she'll be ready to go! It's been a very humbling calling, I'm definitely learning patience and to trust in the Lord. How am I suppose to teach someone something I don't even know half of the time. It's nice that we get to learn together! She says she loves it, which I don't blame her, it's the best mission ever! We get a long pretty well! No major fights yet. We are pretty opposite in personality but we fit really well together, we go on some fun adventures! 

The work in Mayfield is picking up! So Moses went back to Kenya for awhile we will start teaching him when he gets back again. He has a friend back home that is also investigating the church so hopefully it will be good to have someone else to talk to! we have high hopes for him! We picked up a former on Sunday who says he wants to be baptized but wont set a date because he wants his whole family to be baptized with him but his wife won't commit! We are still on the find for another golden investigator. All in good time :) There are plenty of streets to tract!  We are still at the VC just 3 days a week. It got crazy busy there for about 3 weeks but we think it will start to slow down again now that the pageants are over! I'm excited to bring everyone back! So much to see!

This week was a really good one! We had training meeting at the mission office, this is for all the new missionaries and the trainers, we had some workshops and then we got to go contacting in downtown Cleveland. I love this city! So many people to talk to. Sister Nelson had a lot of fun. It's been super busy so we haven't had many opportunities to go contacting so it was good for her. We talked to some really awesome people, and got their information so that missionaries can drop by and teach them more! I wish I could do that everyday! That night we went to Book of Mormon club, all of the missionaries and their investigators a long with some less actives come and discuss certain chapters in the  Book of Mormon. It was really good. The Elders created a game called who wants to be a celestial heir, it was a lot of fun. Especially because I get super competitive, yes it is still there! 

Thanks for everything! Love you so much! I pray for you all often.

Love,

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment