8.10.2012

July 31


Wo is Me! Where does time go, I feel like I was just sitting at the computer typing my email to you last week and here I am again. What a busy week it was, but a very fun one. The biggest event is that Sister Marx accepted baptism, she has a date for August 18, it was the 17th but she got a little anxious and drank some coffee so we had to put it back one day. She is sooo excited, she has wanted to be sealed to Bro. Marx since we started teaching them but would never commit to a date. This is huge. So if we do have a family reunion out here we should plan it around the later part of August so I can come and see them be sealed in the temple. Bro. Marx went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead on Saturday and loved it. He said he had never felt the spirit so strong. He is doing awesome, he is still learning so that is good! 

Pioneer Day was a fun event. It was Pday so all we did was run errands and get groceries. We had a little party out at the Morley Farm, about a mile from the VC, with President and Sister Vellinga and all of the senior couples. We had a BBQ and played some flag football, and the Kirtland Game, it's where you act out different people that were here. It was really cool. Elder Edman gave a little spiel on the pioneers of the past and how, by serving in Kirtland we are part of the legacy, he then explained that we are also pioneers building up the Kingdom once again. We ended by singing Come, Come Ye Saints. What a beautiful song. It was a good night. Next Monday we are having a picnic with the Community of Christ  up at the temple so that will be fun. There is work that goes on here I promise! 

I will send you a brochure of Kirtland on Thursday that is the next time I am there. The farms that they work at are not working no. They are just open for tours. The John Johnson Home is very cool. It is down in Hiram, that's where Joseph Smith was tarred and Feathered, which isn't cool but it is still a very wonderful place. We are suppose to have a training meeting down there soon so it will be nice to get all of the sisters down there. 

I can't believe Brittany knows Elder Anderson, that is crazy! Oh man I feel like you are getting all of the really awesome pictures of me. Speaking of pictures, can I just tell you how much I love being a missionary at a Historic Site, we get to go places and take pictures of things that no one else does. We went on a mock tour to help Sis. Nelson learn the rooms better and ended up taking some fun pictures, I doubt anyone else has ones like these, and you'll only get them if you have the badge :) LOVE IT!!!!

I keep hearing about all of the fires. You are all definitely in my prayers. We get some pretty legit storms out here with Lake Erie being so close. I have never seen rain like this and the lightening storms are beautiful! I love this place! It is still nice and toasty however. So in training meeting this morning they talked about dress and grooming standards and how the still applied in this lovely weather we are having, it's hard but definitely possible. I will probably be sending some clothes home that are not mission approved. A lot of the sisters have to get rid of their skirts and shirts. So sad. I wear my black and grey skirt A LOT!!!


I love you,

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment