8.29.2012

August 14

Hello Once Again,

As I am writing this, there is an incredible rainstorm outside the window. The Ohio has definitely cooled down a bit! I love the rain here, because we are so close to Lake Erie we get some deliciously heavy rain, and that is something Ohio is in desperate need of, it is starting to look brown, kind of like Idaho. The leaves are already changing and can I just say it is going to be a beautiful fall! 

 I think you are right though. I think that as we put Jesus Christ as a priority in our life that everything else just seems to have a place. I see evidences of that everyday! He does magnify our time when we use His time wisely. 

Good news! Sister Nelson and I are staying together at least one more transfer, which is good, I don't want to leave her and I am not ready to leave Mayfield. I love the people here. More than I ever thought possible. Sister Marx is getting pumped for her baptism. Don't worry I have made the promise to come back, I will make sure I save enough money for the plane ticket. Or just as for an extension of my mission :) But we found out this morning that the person who is baptizing her is being transferred, we have to make different arrangements. He was really bummed. We serve with 3 sets of missionaries in our ward. So the reason you thought that it was just one of us was because it was that way in the Mayfield ward and then we merged with Shaker Heights. Make sense? Probably not. But anyway we all get to know each others investigators really well and Sis. Marx just became really attached to Elder Ingersoll. So we will see how this goes, there are many other options. Hopefully pictures and more news on Tuesday after! I am sooo excited for her. I didn't realize how much work went into making a baptism happen, but it is much easier round 2! 

So cool story. We started teaching a man named John Dahlen. He lives in the apartment complex that we are always at to visit some of members, and he always walks by and waves so one day we asked if he would be interested to learn more. He said most definitely! He came to church on Sunday, he rode the bus and then because it didn't go all the way to the church building he started walking. It's about a 3 mile walk, luckily our Assistant WML picked him up on his way. But he was so excited to come to church. He was even wearing a suit! We committed him to be baptized on September 25, he said that was to far away so we changed it to Sept14!!! Sooooooooooooo Coooooooollll, and definitely prepared! There is so much work going on here in Mayfield! The Lord does bless those who serve him! 

The VC has slowed down immensely. We probably only average about 1 tour a day, so we are in the call room a lot! We have chat once a week. Hopefully they give us more time this next transfer! It's fun. Oh did I ever tell you...Charles AND his son were baptized! So cool. I am teaching a lady right now over the phone who wants to be baptized but wont until her mom dies...so it's sad, hopefully the spirit will be able to change that!  

I love you!

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment