7.05.2012

July 5

I hope you have all had a wonderful week! Isn't the 4th of July the best! I love it. It was a hot one this year! 100 degrees plus humidity. We went contacting at the firework show until about 9 o'clock and then we had to rush home so that we could make curfew! There was a beautiful storm last night. Ohio really does have the best storms. It was like Heavenly Father was trying to show us how He makes fireworks. His are much prettier!

Where to begin with what has happened this week. It is such a blur. We met our new mission president Saturday at the Mission Tour down in Akron. He brought with him is wife, and 16 year old daughter! They are so sweet, completely opposite than president Sorensen, but in a good way. I think they will be good for this mission. I got the call on Sunday and that's where the week went crazy. My new companions name is Sister Nelson from Nibley Utah, and she is beautiful! I'll send pictures as soon as she gets here! I am so excited to meet her! I don't know how it happens but I love her so much already. Normally we don't know who we are getting, but she is the only sister coming out so I know who I get to train. It is nice that way, I get to ask Heavenly Father specific questions on best how to help her. I feel sooooo inadequate for this calling. The tears have pretty much been endless, it's a lot of different emotions in one. It's a very humbling thing and I am excited to see what the Lord needs me to learn. Our meeting was awesome, I was the only sister with a whole lot of elders. It was nice not to have drama for a time! We learned a lot about what it meant to be a successful trainer. Don't worry I wrote all of this stuff down in my journal, I don't have time to tell you the whole story.

We are going out to Middlefield today with one of the senior couples. It is a Amish area. There are a lot around Kirtland. I am going to eat some delicious Amish food!  

As for the work. Moses and Devona seem to have walked off the face of the earth. We are going over to Devona's today to talk with her. Moses just works all of the time so it's been hard to find a time to teach him. We do a lot of teaching over the phone with him. We are hoping next time that we meet with him. Which will probably be next Wednesday to commit him to the 12 of August! I know and feel that he will come around. It is just all in the Lord's time! We continue to knock doors, contact in the park and find people to teach! Mission life is so great. The only thing we have to worry about is teaching the gospel! That makes it sound a lot easier than it is! But I really do love it. I am learning so much, and there is still a ton more!!!!!!!


Well I have to run! Love ya lots!

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment