7.29.2012

July 18

Sorry about the lack of letter yesterday. They had to move our p-day for this week because we had president's interviews yesterday. They were good and I passed another one. phew..I love President Vellinga he is not quite as stern as Pres. Sorenson was so his interviews are a little less intimidating. Don't get me wrong I love Pres. Sorenson too.

What a crazy week. In one year from today you will be seeing me walk off the plane. Weird. After today I don't repeat anything. No second July 19th. It feels weird like I just got here. Where does 5.5 months go? Sister Nelson arrived safe and sound and is a great companion. Already trained which makes my job a whole lot easier, I put her to work as soon as we got back into our area. We need to find those prepared souls so we have someone to teach. Getting behind the wheel again was an interesting experience, I'm a little rusty and so sometimes I push on the gas or break to hard. Whoops. But it hasn't been too bad. We have to drive downtown Cleveland so that will be interesting.  I will work on getting pictures from transfers asap. I miss sister hatch but she is coming out in August to visit with her family so that will be nice. It's been weird being the senior companion, I feel like I should know more than I do, but well I kept her a live this long right, a whole week with only a few minor issues. She is catching on really fast. It has been another hot week. Woe is me. Humidity is not my favorite, my hair is starting to get out of control. 

The VC is starting to get crazy. We have a lot of tour buses coming through on their way to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, so it's been fun. I met Glen Rawson (sp?) woot wooot!!! Yesterday we had a tour bus come through and it was a lot of old people who were on the american heritage tour. It was such a fun group. One man told me I had a good sense of humor, so I guess I'm still doing good. We had an emeritus General Authority on our tour, it was cool. He was 91 and had a lot of stories to tell, such a strong testimony. Tours are fun.

Sorry this is super short. Have to run. You will do great in your lesson. Just remember your purpose as a member missionary and that is to strengthen other's faith in Christ. Ask questions and make it applicable. Alma 32 is my favorite. 

Love ya,

Sister Hillman 


No comments:

Post a Comment