7.01.2012

June 27

Hello,

Oh my lanta. I can't believe Dallin is home, that seems so crazy to me, but yeah he left in June so he would definitely be home by now. I think Bo, Jase, and Tanner are all home too. Weird. I got a letter from Carson the other day that said he only had 43 days left, which means Braden, Dillon, and Derrick will all be home by the end of next month as well. Next time you see Dallin tell him I said hello! How was Africa? 

I honestly don't know where this week went, it is all kind of a blur. It was crazy busy and we only had about 13 hours in our area but somehow the Lord magnified our time. We found two potential investigators contacting down in Cain Park, which is Cleveland Heights. Dennis is my favorite person ever. He kept raising his hands in the air, much like a baptist preacher, and  yelling "I love God." He was really excited about the Book of Mormon, so we are hoping to go back to his house and teach him. We went down to a social media fireside in Canton and it was really good. It was all about how we can share the gospel using the internet and different things the Church is doing to prevent anti-getting out. It really is amazing the resources that they have developed. We took brother and sister Marx down, they really liked it. Sister Marx still refuses to be baptized, so we are giving her a break, focusing our work elsewhere for the time being. Pray for them! 

The VC is getting crazy busy, we have hundreds come through everyday, and I'm like WO IS ME!!! We took a non-member family out yesterday, they were the cutest thing ever. The children were so well behaved. These people need to be Mormon's. They were a local family that just thought they would drop by after being at the Holden Arboretum all day. The spirit guides, it really does. There was also a couple that were converts. I love converts, they really just have such amazing life stories, they really understand the atonement a whole lot better than I. 

Transfers is in 2 weeks. Scary. None of us can figure out what will happen with the new president, no one knows his style. I will probably stay in Mayfield for at least one more transfer. Next transfer is only 5 weeks since this one was 7. Can you believe I have already been out for 5 months. Seriously? I feel like I just got here. I will have 1 year left on July 16. :(  The weeks are starting to become blurry, I am trying to keep my journal up, but to be completely honest,  it's the last thing I want to do when we get home at night, so it needs some attention today now that it is P day. I have a lot of letters to catch up on. Mal Foster/Monson is expecting a baby in December. I was super stoked to get that letter! I have heard from Sister Scott yes. She writes me every week. I miss her so much. But whatevs. All of my companions are great! It will be interesting to see who comes to Mayfield with me. 

We went to the missionary fireside with the Marx on Sunday, they have one at the VC every 3 weeks. But Pres. Sorensen spoke and it was SOOO good. All about making covenants and what not. Afterward he was talking to Sis. Marx and told her not to procrastinate the day of her baptism, it was really bold, but so awesome. So maybe that softened her heart. People think I am really animated when I talk. I use my hands a lot to tell stories and everyone thinks it's funny. I thought it was completely normal. That's normal right? 

Life is soo good. I hope you all have a fun filled week. Mine is going to be AWESOME. We are committing (hopefully if the spirit says so) 2 more people to baptism. Moses, (love him) and Devonna, their date is July 25! 

Well gotta run. Love you.

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment