7.01.2012

June 19-Where did the week go???

Hello,
Just a few items of business.

First HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADIO!! We sang to all our Kirtland Dad's (more like Grandpa's) on Saturday night, which are all of the Senior Elders. We even did a little dance :)


Wow, it gets REALLY hot and humid here. I think my hair is going to be perma frizzy :(  Time definitely goes faster that way, that's the way it seems here as well. I can't believe I have almost been out 5 months. Weird.  To answer your question, I get the mail out on Wednesday, we write it on Tuesday and then send it out the next day, so that might be why it takes longer.

Moses is coming along well. We had a lesson with him the other day, we planned on teaching him the Plan of Salvation, but he had questions about the Book of Mormon so we answered them and by the time we were done we only had about 5 minutes to teach the POfS so we hit 3 points. Pre-earth life, Our purpose on Earth, and Celestial Kingdom. His response to it, "It's a perfect plan!" Well duh! Wait until we teach him the whole thing, it will make so much more sense! He is so funny he loves to learn about everything, and loves the Book of Mormon! We have been trying to take members teaching with us, but right now we are just teaching him at the park, and we haven't needed to go on splits yet, but I think we might start. There is soo much work to do with just 2 of us! There is a boy who is preparing to go on a mission so we are going to start taking him with us to lessons, he is nervous about teaching. So the ghetto just refers to a lot of really, REALLY poor people, and yes there are some members down there. That is where a lot of the Resident students live. We have a couple of people who are life long members, but most of the Cleveland-ites are converts. Everyone here has such a cool story.I LOVE it. As far as tracting goes we get in maybe two hours a week, if we are lucky, sometimes more if appointments fall through. 

I was so sad about not being able to see Pam. They told me the next day that they came. I had to go to a mission tour in Cleveland to say good bye to President and Sister Sorensen! So sad! They are speaking on July 15, in Sandy, you can go and meet them. They will change your life, I am sure of it. They have taught me soo much about my purpose as a missionary and who I am in relation to Heavenly Father. I'm excited to meet President Vallinga, we have his mission tour next week. It has been a month of meetings!!! But anyway yeah Sister Southwick said they came, she said she was hesitant to tell me because she didn't want to make me sad. I hope they liked their visit here. So many amazing things happened here! 

We were out contacting in the park the other day and we found an awesome family to teach. They attend one of the Baptist churches in Cleveland Heights but we are hoping to change. We read them Alma 27:18 and taught them about the Book of Mormon and if they were on their search for happiness that the BofM would help them find it! We have a return appointment tomorrow! The work continues to roll forth, and I have SOOOOOOO much more to learn! 

So on Friday night we had the opportunity to help out with Strawberry Festival, it is a fundraiser held by the Kiwanis club which some of the Elders are apart of! I am now an expert at applying whipped cream to strawberry shortcakes! This is also something we should try to attend when we come to visit! It was a lot of fun! 

Somethings to know about Sister Hillman at this time, I love days when I get to sleep in until 6:30, Mosiah is one of my new favorite books, my last name has been changed to Mountainwoman, (not quite sure how that happened), letters are my favorite, I have 23 new best friends, I have become part vegetarian (not really I just eat salads all the time because it is way too hot to cook meat), Teaching the gospel is the best thing ever, all of my friends are getting married or having babies, hence why the 23 new friends are so important, I eat more ice cream than 57 people combined, I cry from laughing so hard, oh yeah and I'm a Mormon!!! 

I love you and miss you all! Love life!!!

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment