5.06.2012

April 24th

Oh hello again,
I can't believe it has already been a week. What the heck? Life here is good. We keep trekking along trying to spread the good news of the restored gospel. I have been trying to decide what my favorite part of the mission is. Proselyting or VC. I can't decide. Both have pros and cons. We have a baptismal date for May 2 for Brother Marx, and we committed 2 more to baptism this week! We also picked up 3 new investigators and are meeting with 2 referrals tonight, we are hoping to commit them to baptism as well. Mayfield has so much potential, I love it. It is one of the harder areas of the mission just because it hasn't seen success in a really long time. We plan to change that, and already we are seeing the Lord's hand in all we do, He is going before us and preparing the people to receive the message. We teach a lot of lessons. We only have about 2 hours of contacting/tracting a week so we try to do a lot of teaching when we find. The best way to do missionary work is through members. I have promised the Lord that I will be a better member missionary when I get home. That is good that the conference was one missionary work. We never know who we will touch. Let the YW know that Heavenly Father really does love them, the sooner they understand this principle the happier they will be. With love there comes a great power.

The VC is starting to get crazy. I love it. I love seeing peoples faces as the come into the school of the prophets and see the place where Heavenly Father and Jesus stood. It is truly a remarkable place. Brother Lesvardi came to talk to us, he is the head of all church resources and VC's. So we had an amazing training with him. My companion and I had the opportunity to take his wife on a tour, that was a cool experience. He wants us to become PMG missionaries while giving tours. It was good.
I fell asleep sitting up the other day. I was on chat and I was waiting for the guy to reply, I just kind of zoned out for a second focusing on what he was saying. The next thing I was aware of was Sister Larson laughing. The door to the call room was open and I looked up to see them all staring at me. Oh it was the best 2 minutes of sleep ever.

OKAY. Last but not least. Mother's day is in 3 weeks. We are allowed to skype so if, it's okay with Matt we can set up a time that we can skype on that Sunday. If not I will just give you a phone call. Whatever works best for you. I am okay with either. I just need to let the member know what one I will be doing.

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment