5.22.2012

May 22

Hello again,
Sounds like home life is going well. That is good to hear. Tell Idaho hello for me, I miss my mountains! I love the trees here but it seems that we are always lost because everywhere you look there are more trees!  I don't know what is going to happen after transfers. I do know that Sister Hatch and I are staying in Mayfield (which is now Shaker Heights North) together for another transfer until she goes home in July! That will be nice. We have a lot of work to do so it's nice that we don't have to worry about changing things up just yet!! Check Rigby out, keeping the legacy going!!!! I really can't believe it has been 3 years! Wo is me. I'm an old fart! Seriously I feel older everyday, not more mature just older.

This week was a crazy one! There is simply not enough time to accomplish all that I want! I'll start with the crowning event! The Luau! It was such a success! So Sister Tokunaga, one of the training sisters, is from Hawaii and she helped us put it all together. I am now fluent in Hula. But the real entertainment came when our mission president decided that he could Hula as well! Oh my gosh I almost died, like seriously lost it on stage...soooo funny, I may have even peed a little :) Don't worry I have plenty of pictures :) and video. President Sorensen is one of the sternest people I know, so to see him hula it up in front of non members was priceless! One of our members has been trying to invite one of their neighbors to meet with us and they didn't really know how so we told them to invite them to the luau.They came and this family is one that has truly been prepared for the gospel, We are really excited to get to know them. We took everyone on a church tour after the show and it was cool to watch all of the faces of the investigators! There are so many different ways to find people!
This morning we did service at sites! We planted all of the flowers at the VC, thousands...ohh my poor elbows are sore but it looks sooo beautiful! It is starting to pick up now that summer has found it's way. I am sooo not prepared for the heat, I think I nearly melted the other day, 90 and humid. Not my thing. Giving tours is the best. I love taking people into the school of the prophets and just seeing their faces and countenances change  due to the things that happened there! Kirtland is truly an amazing place. I didn't even realize the impact that it had on the church today, but woah, talk about faith. The Kirtland saints definitely had it!

We have missionary firesides every 3rd Sunday, and this week the fireside was all about the Holy Ghost and they had 7 Recent Converts come up and share their testimonies. Sometimes I wish I was a convert! The light in their eyes is so amazing and you can just tell how much they love the gospel and how much it has changed their lives!
We found 2 more potential investigators this week! Just get out and talk to everyone, that's how to do it. Working through members really is the most effective way but sometimes not possible, so we have been trying to talk to everyone we see (sometimes that involves running across the street waving a restoration pamphlet to talk to someone, jk I would never  do that) but it really does pay off and Heavenly Father is putting prepared people in our path.


Sorry this is short. Got to run. Hope you have a good week! Keep your chin up, you are all in my prayers! The Gospel is SOOOO true!
Love ya,
Sister Hillman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment