5.16.2012

May 7

Hello Family,
Brother Marx is baptized!!! Oh my I wish you could have all been there and seen the power of Godliness manifest itself. The spirit was soo strong. Everything went so smoothly, he is a hydrophobic and was really anxious about going under the water but he said on the day of the baptism he was as calm as can be! We usually confirm converts in church on Sunday but since we had a special sacrament meeting they confirmed him font side. We asked him how he felt and he just said that he felt  like his head was on fire. Baptism by fire and spirit? I think so! It was so amazing, I started crying as soon as he went under the water, I am such a girl. Which was bad because we had to give a presentation on the restoration like 2 seconds after that soooo...


Anyway so our ward was dissolved we are now in the Shaker Heights ward with 2 others sets of missionaries. We have a lot of residents in our ward and most of them graduated so we lost about half of our ward so they split it and put the members of our ward into two of the surrounding wards. Our area got cut right down the middle so we are still working out the boundaries. We don't know what will happen to our area, they may close it! I guess we will find out in two weeks at transfers :)


As for an update on the bugs. Everything in our apartment is clean. Seriously we have the cleanest apartment in the mission. We washed everything so we had a very busy Pday last week! We are known as the Bed Bug Sisters :) Ill send you pictures of bites on my legs. There is still some debate on whether they are fleas or bed bugs, we are hoping they are fleas! sounds weird but seriously so much better.


76 stakes!?! Wow that's kind of a big deal!! Temples are amazing. I miss going to the temple so much. It's just a good place to go to learn about what our Father has in store for us! The school of the Prophets is an amazing place, the words used to describe it are the same words used to describe the temple, so it was the first temple of this dispensation! I may have already told you that though! Then of course the temple was built in Kirtland so the school of the Prophets was no longer used!


It has been very hot and humid here this last weekend and then it down poured all day yesterday! Is Idaho still having Bi-polar weather!? I am working on the pictures I promise :) I'll be sending my card home soon, I need to be better about taking pictures with the people that I serve with!


Anyway...sorry I am out of time! I have to run, but I'll see you on Sunday!!! Love you all so much!


Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment