5.16.2012

May 14

Oh hello again,
So it has only been two days and not much has happened here in the good land of Kirt! I had sites yesterday, we did have Pioneer School however. It is a place up in Painesville and it is with the Lake County Historical Society. Anyway we volunteer there every spring and fall. We dress up like Pioneers and teach little children how to make candle sticks, or I guess the correct term would be Taper Sticks. It is a lot of fun. They have a mansion there which they turned into a museum, so then elementary aged children get to come and see what it would have been like to live on the Western Reserve!

Transfers is next week and everyone is freaking out. Trainers were called yesterday. Luckily there are only two Kirtland sisters are coming out so the chances that I was going to train were very small! Everyone feels relieved that they didn't get called! But everyone is still speculating where they are going to end up though. We are expecting it to be a big transfer because all of us are done training and the Sisters I came out with will probably take over their areas. I already took over my area once so my guess is nothing will happen to me until Sister Hatch leaves!

This weekend we are having a Luau for our ward party/ missionary finding opportunity. Did I already tell you about this? Anyway the sister missionaries in my district are doing a dance as part of the cultural show, I am trying to learn the Hula. Oh man. A lot of the sisters were at the Edmans last night while we were practicing and they were all having a good laugh about my awesome moves....I have photographic proof, and believe me it is not pretty!

We had an amazing tour yesterday. We started out with 6 people and ended up with 1. How that happened I am not quite sure, apparently we need to work on our presentation :) JK no the temple was closing and they wanted to go up and take a tour, so they peaced out!

The Community of Christ church put on a dinner for us last night, for helping them with the garden. It was lovely, it was spaghetti and delicious brownies. Everyone was surprised when I didn't go back for seconds.

Yes we go out an run every morning at 6:30, we only get about a mile in but it's something right!? When people come into the VC and request something it is done with a referral card, so we have all of their information and are able to call and follow up, however not many of them accept missionaries, just the free gifts we offer (FFIC DVD, Book of Mormon, Restoration DVD, Together Forever etc.) a lot of the referrals we get are through the member cards that we call.

Well love ya lots!
Sister Hillman


No comments:

Post a Comment