4.22.2012

April 17th

Hello again, Another beautiful day has come in the Ohio. This week has been super crazy. Transfers were awesome. A lot of changes were made. I got a new companion her name is Sister Hatch, I knew her a little bit because she works Monday at sites with me. It was a little intimidating having to take over my area though, there is so much potential and so wee just have to be willing to work. She is not really the personality that I would put in the ghetto, she is way to sweet and kind, and Mayfield is an area that you have to have thick skin a good sense of humor, and a lot of sarcasm, so I think it will be good for her. We tracted into a wonderful family the other day, she had a baby 5 days ago, she has 6 more children and she is not even a Mormon yet. Just think of the potential there! JK. But seriously talk about being prepared for the gospel. Our Jewish investigator is still trekking along, he grows closer to baptism and his Savior everyday. He has finished the Book of Mormon and right now we are reading it together so we can talk about what he is learning. We had a fireside here on Sunday that was so amazing, it was all centered on Christ and how if we trust in him as our captain and pilot, he will lead us back to our Father in Heaven. Isn't that such a glorious thought. One day we can return to live with Him who loves us more than even we know. But anyway the Marx's loved it. He told us, "all along it's like Christ was the big elephant in the room, I knew He was there but didn't want to accept it." Oh how I love seeing the atonement work in people's lives. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK.

So I have an interview with President Sorenson today. Hopefully I pass. I have to create a vision of who I want to become through this work.

Oh also I was going to say. I know a couple of people from home are coming out to visit Kirtland, will you let me know when they are coming, I want to be here to give them the tour! Kirtland is such an amazing place. I have more love for it everyday. I do however wish I was a Full Pros sister. I love, love, love being in my area. Meeting new people on the street, giving out copies of the Book of Mormon, and sharing my testimony. There is power in that, and I feel like the people of Mayfield have so much to teach me!

As for how I am doing. All is well. I have my ups and downs, the roller coaster that missionary work is! But overall, 6:30 is really not that early, President isn't as scary as he looks, 18 months is not that long, talking to people about my belief in Christ isn't as scary as I feel it is, and Missionary work is really the best thing anyone can do! I hope you have an opportunity to serve with dad. I really do. Missions change people.

The saddest news of the week. I lost my CTR ring. I don't know how to Choose the Right without it. I was seriously so sad. I have been losing weight, because I may or may not feel well. Meaning I have a cold and the only thing that sounds good is broth so I eat a lot of that, not much weight gaining involved in that. Luckily I am better now and I can go back to eating delicious Big Macs. But my fingers are smaller so it falls off a lot, and I didn't realize it so it's somewhere around Kirtland. Oh well. No it's fine, but uh I was wondering if maybe you could send me a cheap one. Just a band one. They are the really little bands that have 1 ctr engraved on it. I want to say that Jon has one like it, but I want it in silver. But only if they are cheap.

Our DL thinks it's really funny that I have a cold. He called in for numbers on Sunday. I answered with a sweet "hello this is Sister Hillman" to which I hear, "Woah Sister! You sound like a Man!" Thank you Elder Stevens, so yup I sound like a man, (thank you sore throat and clogged nose), which makes making phone calls a delightful treat. Especially when the Elder you are giving a referral to says, did you just say this was Sister? Hillman! Bah!!!

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment