4.15.2012

April 10, 2012

What a week! So I said good-bye to my trainer yesterday. I got my new companion, a full proselyting sister, and within the first 5 minutes we were giving a tour. Bah. I was sooo nervous. They were non-members and had crazy children so that made it really awesome, plus our mission president was there watching us give the tour, and the AP's. So it was a little nerve racking giving a whole tour by yourself. But considering she had never given a tour before she did awesome at sharing the gospel. So that was the time I was a trainer for 2 days! I have been a little stressed out, I am the senior companion in my area but I am still training so it creates a little bit of a different situation. I get my second trainer tomorrow. There are two choices it can either be Sister Gamble who has been out full pros for the last 3 transfers or it will be Sister Hatch because her companion will be training a new sister.

That is so funny about the Elders, did you give them some referrals? What are their names? I don't think I ever met anyone in the MTC who was serving in the Pocatello, Mission. But I don't know. You meet a lot of people there. There are about 150 missionaries serving in the OCM right now. We are getting 8 new missionaries coming tomorrow. There are on their way here right now! So weird I can't believe I have already been out for 6 weeks. I feel like I have been out soo long.

The VC is starting to get crazy busy. More and more families are coming so it will make the days fly by, which is a scary thought. I half hope that next transfer I get sent out full-pros, that would be nice. I feel like I don't know much about actually teaching the gospel because we don't have time for studies because of our crazy sites schedule. But somehow we have lessons everyday, the Lord is keeping us busy that's for sure!

Our Jewish investigator is doing well. We have a lesson with him tonight and we will be going over what baptism means. So we are hoping to commit his wife to baptism as well. It has been quite the process to get to this point. It will be a rough transition trying to teach him with a new companion but that is why you just let the spirit lead right?

Sounds like your Easter was beautiful. I got my package on Saturday. I used the 12 eggs of Easter as an object lesson for all of those that we taught on Sunday. So thank you for that. Also the cookies were delicious. And the peeps. Man I just really think I love food too much.

I am working on sending pictures. I haven't really taken any lately. It is starting to be really pretty here but I just don't ever think to get my camera out. I finally got a picture with my district though, sadly one of our ZL's who was in our district was called as AP, (he has only been out about 9 months, he is an amazing Elder) so I didn't get him in the picture! I love my district. They are soo good. Our district leader makes calling in numbers very interesting , he has a lot of crazy stories seeing how he serves in the ghetto! But anyway I hope I'll get those out soon!
So the other day we were on chat and this man was trying to convince us that Book of Mormon was blasphemousness, to which we replied, "uh...no it's not." Anyway the point of this story is we committed him to read and pray about it, and he continued being contentious, so we got off. Apparently I didn't let my mind clear enough that night because I guess at around 2:00 in the morning this was my conversation with Sister Scott. Me: Flailing around in my sleep, then whacked the alarm clock. Sister Scott: It's 2 in the morning what are you doing? Me: Just read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. S.S. Sister Hillman are you awake? Me: Yeah! You were the one that was talking! This was all done in my sleep. So that was the time I called my companion to repentance and then got mad at her for me sleep talking.


For district/zone meeting yesterday we got to go up to the temple and sing songs in the Lower Court. It was amazing! Bah I love Kirtland! Also we have an art Exhibit at sites right now, called Redeemer. Sketches by Liz Lemon Shwindle(something like that) But they are so good. I am going to send you a pass a long card that has one of her sketches!The work continues. The Lord is preparing all the time!

Love ya,Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment