4.15.2012

April 4

Happy APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Conference is so amazing is it not? I love hearing the words of prophets and apostles, it is amazing how they seem to speak to every individual person and answer everyone's questions even though they are all different. Saturday sessions we watched at the VC but we had to take a tour out so we missed part of the afternoon. Oh well it comes out next month. Can you send me a copy when it comes out? on Sunday we watched it at the Mayfield building. Our two Jewish investigators came so that was nice, did I mention that after our lesson with him on Friday he now believes in Christ? Such an amazing feeling, he still doesn't know if he is ready for baptism but he believes in Christ, when the spirit teaches that is when people come to know that what we are teaching is true. We studied for that lesson for about 2 days, and when we got there we didn't even teach what we studied. That is because the spirit took over and testified of what they needed. Such an amazing thing. The gospel is true, and I am soo grateful that I get to be a part in people coming to know who their savior is.


That is fun that you were able to spend some time with Grams and Gramps. They are such great people. Some of the senior couples here have become just like them. They give the best hugs and they always know when something is wrong. They just have such a great spirit about them.
So my companion leaves next Monday, I get a full proselyting sister for 3 days as a companion because hers is going home also. However I am at sites on Monday and full pros sisters don't know anything about Kirtland, soo guess who is training her on how to give tours and make phone calls, and chat? That would be me. Bah. I know it is just a few days but I am so nervous. She will be staying in Mayfield with me until transfer meeting and we each get a new companion. What president is thinking I have no idea but whatevs!

We had our last training mtg this morning for the transfer. I cried. I do that a lot. I have turned into such a girl. Bah. Elder Edmond says it's good for me.


This week has been super busy, and it seems like time just keeps speeding up. It needs to stop doing that. I am still trying to get into the swing of things but I have learned that missionary work is all about being uncomfortable, I mean does one really ever feel comfortable standing on someones doorstep. I don't think so, but we do it anyway because our brothers and sisters need to hear the message we have!

The director called me in the other day to ask how I was doing, apparently I talk too much because I was quiet one morning and everyone thought I was sad/mad at something. Nope just tired. So that was an interesting conversation.

So to answer some of your questions. The members here are really good about feeding us, we usually eat lunch and breakfast at home, because we have studies at that time. But it is hard for them to find time to find people for us to teach so not a lot of referrals there. They are all residents so they know a lot of non-members though. It is just a matter of time. We are working a lot with the Less Actives, and we are teaching 4 investigators right now. 1 has a baptismal date for the 29th of April.

Letters really keep us going, pictures are also a nice thing. I stay at the VC 1 night a week, on Mondays because we don't have the miles to drive back into Kirtland for Training MTG on Tuesday. Those are fun nights, full of laughter and ice cream. There is another set of sisters that stay with us on those nights. The VC is starting to get really busy. We took out two tours yesterday one consisted of 2 families and a senior couple on their way home from serving in Palmyra! I am excited for summer to be here. I won't stay in Mayfield the whole time. Most sisters are in the same area for about 3-6 months. So the most being 4 transfers.

Whelp gotta run,

Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment