4.15.2012

March 29, 2012

This week went by so fast. Where does time go. I am down to 15.5 months. What the heck? There is not enough time to do all the work that needs to be done.

So to get to the questions:I don't drive yet, I have to finish my training packet and be a co driver for 6 weeks before I get to drive the car. Sad day. I live in an apartment complex called Arbor Court, it always smells like Indian Food. Uh I don't know where the Elders live, I know the two sets live together but I don't know where their apartment is. East Cleve? President Haymond is the Stake President of Kirtland.

The companionship is going as well as it can, without getting sick of someone being with you 24/7. No major fights yet. At the VC we do tours together usually, especially where I am still learning them. In the summer sometimes we split up. It just depends on the people that come. She will run with me however so that is nice. I would be really really fat if that was not the case. I eat two helpings of ice cream every time we stay at the Edmunds home. They are the directors of The Sites. Yes I see all of the sisters. We have a weekly meeting on Tuesday for Training, this will happen the entire duration of my mission. But I get to see everyone. Sister Maynard is amazing. She is hilarious and we are good friends now. The only time we teach on the phone is when we get referrals from the comment cards that people leave. Everything through mormon.org is done on Chat. Charles is doing well, i haven't heard much from the Elders, but they have a baptismal date. They are suppose to call me on Thursday to let me know what is going on. Mostly on my Pday I sleep and write letters. It only goes from 10-6 so we have some time in our area on that day too. Which is nice we need more time. For conference we will be watching the Saturday session at sites and Sunday at the church building. We are hoping our investigators will be able to make it.

That is crazy that is a lot of missionaries. Probably the most we have had out in a while. How is the ward doing? Wards are a lot different out here. Most of our ward consists of Students, or residents and Less Actives so yeah. A lot of screaming children.

We just picked up another Jewish investigators. It is hard teaching someone about Christ being our savior when they have grown up their whole life thinking he wasn't. But you just have to be patient and love them.

We are still being busy, I have my days when I'd rather not wake up and have people slam doors in my face, or walk across the street to not talk to us, but every day I do I am blessed and at the end of the day I am glad I did. I love the work!

Our mission president always tells us, there are people out there who need the gospel, you have it, so go out and share it. So family. That is my commitment to you. You have it, they need it. Pray for opportunities to share it, because the lord is preparing people everyday to receive it!

Peace and Love,Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment