6.02.2013

May 20, 2013

Dearest Family,
Transfers are coming. My last one. :( I don't if I am leaving Massillon for sure, president can't decide. I hate not knowing. It's been a super stressful week, but a really fun one as well. I keep giving the two new sisters a hard time a bout training, they are both scared to death to train. It's pretty humorous. Training isn't half bad. A lot of our appointments fell through this week. But we had a lesson with Tom. He is solid. He read 1 Nephi and stopped because he is having issues with a modern day prophet, he doesn't want to be led astray. He told us to come back in a few years when he was ready, so we said get real, we're not getting off your door step(of course in a very loving way) and we talked a little longer about how we can come to know a living prophet has been called and WHY God would call one on the earth today! We invited him to the missionary musical fireside. The spirit was really strong. The theme was prophets who testify of Jesus Christ. Fitting for him we thought. He knows it's true, he said he would finish reading the Book of Mormon and asked us to pray for him that he could come to know! He asked what else he would have to do to be baptized, I think he thinks we have a secret agenda, so we laid down the law and hit him with the Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom, and Tithing lessons. He says it only makes sense. He is my new bald best friend. He is just playing hard to get...grrrrr. Thank goodness for the spirit.
 
The Padillas are doing great, we taught them The gospel of Jesus Christ, in the Spanish Pamphlet. I'm getting better :) I can now say Fei en JesuCristo es importante :) I said I could say it not spell it! They have great questions and are getting it, we just are having a struggle getting them to come to church. Sometimes, I'm not patient.
 We too had a Relief society activity that was a Garden Party. We learned all sorts of Gardening tips, and of course the reason I go to these things, we had delicious food. It was at the Kremers. They live in the Country part of our area in Canal Fulton. It's where I want to live. It's delightful!
 
I love you. Got to run!
Love,
Sister Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment