2.19.2012

Week One Email-Feb 7, 2012

Oh how lovely it was to receive an email from you. If you haven't guessed by now my Pday is on Tuesday so look for emails on this day and letters around Thursday. Something I have learned. Missionary work is hard. The first week at the MTC was crazy. My companion entered the same day as me, the same goes for everyone in my district. Like I said there are 12 of us, 5 elders and 4 sisters, the elders are all going to Florida, except one is going to Jamaica, he is also from England so he has a really cool accent. I love listening to him talk not only because of his accent but because he is so deep and genuine in all of his responses. I think I have gained about 5 pounds from the food, it's pretty good but not my favorite.

I do like Sundays and Wednesdays though. ALL YOU CAN EAT ICE CREAM!!! Oh yeah..I sometimes don't make the best food choices on those days. We have Gym time everyday so that is nice, I have been runing and increasing my athletic abilities in the game of four square. Everyone here thinks I am competetive and the Elders said they would no longer go easy on me, but what can I say I am a champion. I of course being older than they, told them to respect their elders (the other kind).

Right now I am teaching 3 investigators, two progressing, and 1 referral. I thought that having a testimony would mean I was able to teach the gospel. That family was very, very incorrect. But I am learning and have come to learn to teach by the spirit. All in good times, everyone keeps telling us "newbs" that it gets better after the first Sunday. Which it did, it was a lovely sabbath, and helped me focus on the reason I am out here. How humbled I feel that the lord is allowing me to go out and preach His word. All of the buildings look the same here so I ofcourse get lost about 20 times a day. No big deal. I will learn. I am slowly getting used to the schedule, I do miss my naps though. We are in our classrom 8M-231 for about 11 hours of the 16 we are awake though. So we pretty much live there.

I see Jenna quite often she lives about 3 doors down from me so I stop by when I get done with class at about 9:30. Mallory is doing well I don't see her as much but every time I do she gives me a large hug. Suprisingly I miss hugs.

I love you all sooooooooooooo much. This gospel is true. There is such a spirit here at the MTC, people smile and say hello to you in their various languages. So wonderful. Know I am doing well and am soo happy about where I am in life.

Time is up. Thanks for your prayers. I love and miss you.

Love,Sister Hillman

p.s. Mom that was a strange question but uh let's say pig

No comments:

Post a Comment